View Single Post
Unread 02-27-2019, 07:42 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Unkown
Red face

I've moved the placement of different interface windows, such as the bags, the target and implied target, and other UI elements. It depends upon the situation. I try setting up the windows, and then find myself wanting to adjust some of them due to convenience. An example, I had my crafting window on one side, then, after logging into everyone and setting up the UI for each toon, decided that I wanted to move it to a different place. This turned out to be better placement, but meant that I would have to relog everyone in order to change it for everyone.

I'd much rather just go onto a toon and find out I prefer a placement change (for any UI element). Make the change and log out. Go into that character's UI file (I found all of them) and copy everything except the one or two lines that relate specifically to THAT character. I mean, I have no problem with copying the rest of the file, then pasting it into each of the other characters UI file. That way, I spend far less time fixing the UI for everyone, because I'm not having to spend that 20 seconds camping, as well as typing in the commands to bring up the UI (and remembering who to copy from).

I have vision issues, so I'm already having to use windows Magnifier to view elements of the screen. This means that I have to waste even more time with that as well. If I were able to just have a small window for the copy/paste for each character, this would simplify things tremendously. I'm hoping this clarifies things a little bit. And thank you for responding.