Thread: Arremis UI
View Single Post
Unread 11-25-2006, 12:36 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

I've asked the other Authors to help me out with the closing out the start window when you press the InfoCenter button. From my testing and observation, the menu you see in game is streamlined from the server and detects when you click one of the buttons and closes it out. Since the InfoCenter button is custom, the server ignores it being pressed and doesn't close out the window like expected. Not sure if it's a bug, or just can't be done, but I've asked for help on that one.

As for your bug in the chat window, Moon, it's a known bug. You can find some possible solutions to that issue in this thread.

As for creating a whole UI, I'm still relatively new at modding, and still learning the ropes of different windows (not doing too badly you think?), I am going to do a complete UI in the future, but for now just bits and pieces as I'm learning. I already have grasped the concept of custom graphics, and am looking forward to doing a 100% custom graphic UI like T. King has done (T. stands for "The" F.Y.I. so when people refer to T. King they mean "THE KING (of EQ2 Interface Design), but I have to say I think Zonx is still the King of EQ2 Interface, after all, he's the one who started all this mess with EQ2Map.

I do have plans for making a custom compass and xp bar in the near future. I myself currently use the Milquetowst All-Digital XP Bar because it sums up XP, TS, AP, and GXP in one neat compact place, no frilly pictures or lines and dots and other fluffy stuff, just outright "This is your XP, and this is how far into level you are for this, this, this, and this."

In the meantime, I appreciate all your support, and glad you are enjoying my mod pieces, and I really get a kick out of doing them and seeing that people appreciate the work that goes into creating a piece. Thanks everyone for your feedback and support