Thread: Streaming EQ2
View Single Post
Unread 11-16-2009, 02:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Streaming EQ2

I guess I haven't seen anything about this, and I'm pretty doubtful, but is there any kind of funky bug or something with the new EQ2 Streaming Client and custom UI's? I worked on this for over an hour this weekend after rebuilding my machine (Windows 7 - 64bit) and coming back to EQ2 (with the new streaming client), but I just cannot get my custom UI to load. I checked everything I could think of (repeatedly), but man I just can't figure out what's goin' on here. This UI stuff with EQ2 is pretty straightforward, but somethin' ain't right.

What I've done:

1. Created a folder in the UI folder called "Custom", which is where I'm dumping my UI mods.
2. Created ye olde eq2.ini file and put it in my EQ2 root folder. The script in the .ini file is the same two line script that's on this sites FAQ, with my little "Custom" UI folder edited in there.
3. Turned off Windows 7's UAC.

The really telling (and wierd) thing is that I even got to the point where I made a backup of the "Default" UI folder, and then turned around and just dumped my UI files into it ("Default"), and it STILL didn't work (which really confuses the hell outta me).

Any ideas?

Thanks!