View Single Post
Unread 01-04-2016, 04:07 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I agree that there is probably no reason to worry about copyright issues with ProfitUI. The real issues are practical ones.

No one is officially maintaining the code. The people who know how to send files to the update server are not active and have not passed on that knowledge to those of us who still are active. People can still post links to files that have been updated, but there is no obvious way to integrate those into the official build.

I have done what I can to encourage others to post updated files and I remain available to test proposed fixes, but my medical issues sharply limit the time and energy I have to work on the project. I am not a coder and I don't have the resources to become one now. I do still want to try and have one thread that collects all references to updated files in one place so people can find them without having to rummage all over. And if someone could tell me how to get files to the updater site, I could deal with managing that.

I will continue to use ProfitUI as long as I can and I will do what I can to help keep it going. But I agree that the project will die at some point if we don't find answers to the issues I've mentioned. That would be sad.

-= Therendil =-