Thread: Guild Wars
View Single Post
Unread 05-01-2005, 02:35 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Well it all depends on a person's play style of course.

the graphics are beautiful in guildwars, I'll give them that.

I was a little dissapointed in the character creation. I had the impression I was going to be able to make a really unique character, but that isn't the case at all. I felt very limited in my choices.

The combat was what really killed me. I played a ranger in eq2 and love the fact that I couldn't get by with just 'button mashing'

About GuildWars...
I'm sorry, if I can launch a bow attack 2inches from the mob, something is wrong. That added to the fact that only 8 abilities can be equipped at one time, makes things a bit boring for me. It's a neat idea, and in the PVP arena those choices are very important, but solo game play is just boreing to tears.

I'll admit I'm a hard cusomter to satisfy. I have had Warhammer 40,000 sitting around for months while I played EQ2, and I gave it a good solid go over the last few days, and it's just not doing it for me either.
I really expected that it would, since I love StarCraft so much.

It's always a tought call to make, demo's never do a game real justice, and reviews are really don't always help all that much. The really hard hit is gettings stuck with a game that you can't return when you realize a day into it that it just sucks for you.

My girlfriends trying to get me to roll up an Assisin in Freeport, because she has started a character over there, and I have been watching her play, and it just totally lost it's luster for me. Who knows maybe in a few months or a year, I'll come back around to EQ2, the nice thing is I KNOW it will still be around at that time, and it will probably be better.

I really wish there was more diversity in the game world, but its' been attack of the clones for ages now, and a seems as the only way to get a game made that is novel these days is to do it yourself, which is a hard pill to swallow for anybody.

It's funny really, because I think that is what 99% of the gamers are looking for. A turly 'unique' game. But the very way the industry is set up, that is what we get the least of. Movie's, and books are the same way, so why shouldn't games be different.

Different = Risky

Once someone takes the risk, and poves a market is viable, everyone wants to cloan it, and take a piece of the pie. Nothing new there.

Umm.. WOW, ok sorry about the rant....

Last edited by Kosmos : 05-01-2005 at 02:43 PM.