View Single Post
Unread 02-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Server: Permafrost
Exclamation

Just found out about the live update, I actually haven't had a chance to play since my last post. On the bright side, test results all continue to be positive, so that's looking up. I'm currently patching both my machines for LU#19, as well as for the EQ2Map mod. Once the server's come back up, I'll begin testing some things I've been working on. In no particular order, here's what I'd like to have done by lunchtime tommorow (Sunday, Feb 5th) - I say lunchtime, because I'm a huge Seahawks fan, and plan on devoting my attention to the big game tommorow afternoon. (But best of luck to the Steelers as well - 'twould be nice to see Mr. Bettis finally get a ring, let alone Coach Cowher, one of the greatest coaches in the league).

Working List:
  • Hotbars grayed out with LU#19 (hopefully just a simple "version" fix, keeping my fingers crossed)
  • Target Window - Priority will be an optional add-on removing the skulls to make it more compact - I'll look at another add-on reducing the overall size as time permits
  • Talacor - as I don't have access to the German DVD setup, I'm not sure how effective any changes I make would be. I'll take a quick look to see if something jumps out. The simplest fix may be to remove the quest journal portion, I'll post instructions on how to do so if I can't find anything else.
  • Mini-map plugin - this is actually an add-on that was done some time ago for the EQ2Map mod. I've just provided the capability for the UI to work alongside the EQ2Map mod, without actually changing anything. The reason it's "skinned" in the gothic style, is I mod'd the universal windows files, which result in the windows skinning themselves. I'll look into it, but you may have more luck checking the EQ2Map support forums. (I know a few other UI author's have added that functionality, and have much more familiarity with it than I do)

Other Notes:
Kharzon - I have no objections at all, just please make sure to credit T. King for his artwork pieces.
Corren - I'll work on getting a reduced size target window for you
Nitefang - That is a concept that's actually been brought up to T. King for other game UI's, though I don't think it would be finished for a little bit.