Thread: character
View Single Post
Unread 12-14-2005, 11:26 AM
EQII Developer
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Shainaen,

The character window was a debug/testing window. If you hunt for threads here or on the official forums you'll likely find that explanation several times. I wasn't trying to hide that information; rather, I was trying not to beat a dead horse and instead offer a solution to what I thought Sir Taleisin The Seer was really asking.

Most of the window had become obsolete or didn't work. We'd get questions why things weren't working on it and we made the decision to override the OnShow() method in code.

official boards
another thread

I also didn't want to come out and say that the community would never get any of the data because that isn't the way the EQ2 team operates. A strong argument for a particular piece of data means it will go on the task list. That's not to say we'll expose ever piece of data in the game but I'd regret saying never because we're happy to tip over our sacred cows to improve the game.

Haste% seems like a reasonable request. (from one of the official threads)

Displaying number of kills and deaths have been approved by design-- waiting to bubble up to the top. You can find it in game by using an object near the city gates -- but I can't say I know where it is located.

Landiin's list seems to contain very little controversy.

The inventory stuff is really hard to squeeze into the current dynamic data system. But "hard" really isn't a good deterrent. Equipment on the other hand seems like a very reasonable addition -- but not for everyone in your group.

Saying we'd like to add something though doesn't mean it will happen overnight.

Bobble The Cruddy