View Single Post
Unread 04-21-2010, 08:25 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

I liked Alan Crosby as a CM -- I think that was the job he was best at. I was kind of surprised when he was tapped to take the senior producer role (it didn't seem the right kind of job for him).

With that said, I do have to defend the quarterly update cycle somewhat -- the amount of 'free' content released in each is far more than you'd get in one of the old monthly GUs. The main issue I have with them is that any art-asset fix has to wait for the GU to be pushed (which means 3 months instead of ~1 month), but from what I've heard that is something they are looking to change. Yeah some of what we got with it so far wasn't that great (one was just a two-month "bug fixer" that didn't fix many bugs) but that doesn't mean the 3 month cycle as a whole is bad. This next GU promises to be pretty huge, although some of it (Halas) will be stuff that should have came last GU.

I do agree on exploit fixes. It really bugs me when things do not get fixed and people just continue to willfully exploit. But don't get me started on my opinion of battlegrounds...