Thread: Help for vista
View Single Post
Unread 11-16-2007, 10:24 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I run Vista as well and wanted to share this shortcut to anyone that maybe interested. When I first started to run Vista I wrestled with the permissions and User Access. Doing some research, I found in the Microsoft technical support forums a file they had posted called TakeOwnership. I don't have the url handy atm. There are soo many different tech forums and newqs groups at Microsoft , but I will look dor it to post it. What it does is adds the ability to be able to right click on any file folder
and claim either administrative rights or ownership of every file within that folder by adding the key required to the registry. You can also right click to restore the ownership changes. It sure saved me some headaches of having to individually right click certain files to take ownership to get a program to work as I needed it to. I'm sure by now there are plenty of other small programs out there that do the same thing, I would be very hesitant in using anything that changes your registry or adds keys with the exception of it coming from Microsoft.