View Single Post
Unread 12-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
I'll agree on that. It's easier to do if you are a mod though. If you have suggestions on how to improve this jnils and I can take a look to make it better. All that takes time though. Ideally I'd have the whole process done with a dynamically updating page ajax style.
Agreed on the Ajax-y version. From what I've seen (and from my knowledge of HTML/PHP) there is no reason that it should take that many page loads before it finally submits to a database.

Quote:
Common sense mostly, but we can try to make the names on the site more, well, descriptive.
Agreed that most are common sense, with some exceptions...

Quote:
Actually I thought that ZONE was a deprecated type, i.e. users cannot select it. But you are right they can. I think we should change that, we don't need more than one type for this. I'll discuss with jnils.
... like the many types of Zones.

Quote:
As jnils mentioned we import SOE's POIs and the problem is there is no apparent difference between the door and zone. SOE's instace zone-in POIs come as both "door" and "zone" types. We haven't yet figured out any pattern to this distinction.
Agreed.

Quote:
For the reason mentioned above the "official" POIs are problematic in this respect. But does the distinction really matter? If you think it does your system is good though.
Agreed again, although I think it would first take SOE to make the distinction, otherwise it would add confusion between EQ2MAP / non-EQ2MAP.

Quote:
multitype POIs are a real issue, I'm more and more starting to think that we need to allow users to assign multiple types to a POI.
Agreed again there. One thing that comes to mind for that are the two sets of quest icons -- The difference between offers/updates a quest for placed items makes some sense, but "Gives quest" and "Updates quest" for NPCs is almost splitting hairs to me.

Quote:
I like that, but probably only as an option. Experienced users may prefer the dropdown since it will be faster for them.
Agreed again. I was thinking to have it as a default for new users, but have a simple option to set to always use the advanced (dropdown) menu.

Quote:
Sounds great, thanks. I think we'll have to discuss not only to make you a mod but also to let you work on the frontend. Keep in mind that the pages should still work from the ingame browser though.
Sounds good to me =). And from what I've seen, the ingame browser should have no issues with a little bit of Javascript, but I would certainly test it there