View Single Post
Unread 05-15-2008, 11:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Just a note from someone who as actually taken over a UI project: Despite all good intentions with the server and the committee, in the end it comes down to having dedicated modders to keep the UI alive, and they will do it for their own reasons and not likely according to decisions from a committee that may not stick to the task for very long.
I know these sort of things can be an uphill battle, but I do have a tendency to see things through. In the end, I maybe a single member group, but I will stick with it. Maybe committee was the wrong description to use. My ultimate goal was to form a group of interested individuals (modders & others) to resurrect the autoupdater and provide replacement windows for the outdated one's as they come along. I am not expecting anyone to make a life-long commitment to the project, people are free to come and go as they please. I won't be moving forward on this project, until Faetyl has had ample opportunity to respond to my e-mail (I e-mailed him this morning). To tell the truth, having Faetyl respond, would be in the project's best interest. At the very best, he may indicate money is tight and payment of the server bill is all that is needed. At the very least, he may say that he is done with the project and can supply all the ThorUI files for use on a new server. <fingers crossed>

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
It seems to me that Lodrelhai said she was going to keep the UI up to date for the time being, and she already released 3 updated ThorUI windows. So my impression is that you should just go show some support and appreciation to her and maybe bug her to release it all as a complete set as she continues to work through the pieces. If you are nice enough to her your ThorUI future may thus be secured for a long time.
Yes, I have seen Lodrelhai's work and I'm actually using one or two of her updated ThorUI windows in my UI directory for EQ2. She is a very talented modder. In fact, while I have no expectations, but if she would be kind enough to provide her windows for use with the ThorUI auto-updater, I would be extremely grateful. If she wanted to go further and join the ThorUI group, I would welcome her with open arms. However I'm going to hold off on contacting her for the time being, since I am giving Faetyl an opportunity to respond to my e-mail before moving forward.

If anyone is interested, I did have a fellow guildee send me his ThorUI directory yesterday. Some of the windows styles aren't my favorite, but it is ThorUI. If anyone is interested in getting a copy of the directory, my e-mail is [email protected]