View Single Post
Unread 09-13-2007, 08:53 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard0c View Post
First of all, thank you for creating fetish UI. I truly love this UI.

Here is the exact error and I have confirmed that it is definatly the Fetish UI causing this error. I will explain how I did that.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Fatal Error

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

<verify> D:\test\eq2\game\client\src\NCS2.cpp (1868):
Missing required window: NCS2Slideshow

----------------------------------------------------------------

To be as specific as possable there is the exact error...

Here is how I verified this error being caused by Fetish UI:

First I ran full scan from EQ2, error still showed.

Next I checked SOE website for the bug and was unable to find it so I called SOE tech support.

SOE sent me an email telling me which files to delete and let everquest re-download in patcher.

After doing that I still got the error so I fowarded to SOE my DXDiag, MSinfo32, and some other importiant files in the Everquest2 directory.
They got back to me to tell me it was a problem caused by running a custom UI.

At first I thought they we're just cheesing out and blaming someone else but when I deleted the fetishnightfall folder from my UI folder, EQ2 magically loaded up correctly and I was able to play again... but without Fetish Nightfall UI ;(

I said to myself, this looks pathetic! I need to get Fetish back on here. Now I went and got Fetish Nightfall 9.0 again even though thats what I already had and replaced it. Ran EQ2 Map Updater and the error is back. Now I'm deleting Fetish again.

Well I hope someone better then me at this can help fix this problem. Wish I had Fetish working!!
Yeah I quoted all of it. Now read just a few post above yours. Delete eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml and it will work fine. Its a single file. And btw not just fetish does this but a few others have done it.