View Single Post
Unread 03-06-2005, 09:03 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Totally misunderstood the code I was looking at with your minimap Talyns. I thought it was doing another window Zonx minimap style. I actually haven't been able to load it in-game because there's been a couple big changes getting ready for fully auto-updating and didn't have a copy of the last release handy. Guess I'll go download what I uploaded. =D

Quote:
Never sacrifice features for looks!! Sony released a 1/2 finished UI system.. 100% evident in the map window and the chat system.. Features like minimize and restore(Like eq1 had but better).. and a resizable map window(EQ1 didnt have but it should!) should have been in the game since release.. Along with all the maps you guys are adding.. Adding buttons doesn't change the "look" of the window just adds some function..
Hehe, I believe form is as important as function, so we've got some ideological differences here. Other than a 1 pixel gap between the default map window's titlebar and the rest of the window, I didn't see anything half-finished about it. I agree that buttons don't hurt a window, I just feel keeping proportions the same is important. When I load a non-default UI, I don't want to HAVE to move a single window; keeping the map window its original size means it's exactly where the user expects it to be.

Killarny, the main reason I originally tacked a minimize button on the map window was because of the pathfinder; you can use the map window solely for getting paths to locations without having the whole map block your view. Also remember that was months ago, and stuff like minimize buttons were fresh off the drawing board as OnEvent capabilities were first being realized.

Quib