Thread: The / List
View Single Post
Unread 07-03-2005, 07:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

a: that was me that posted not only the /alias info, but the /equip and /unequip info as well. someone....sheesh =]

Anyhow, re. the hash not working from the log- I though I explained this already, but if not- Im guessing the hash showed up in your log as a negative number? The client is mistaking the hex number for a signed int. rather than unsigned. The easiest way to convert: open your calculator in windows. Make sure scientific mode is enabled. click the dec radio button. input the negative number as it appears in your log. click the hex button, and make sure Dword is selected. this will convert it to hex. Now just click the dec. button again, converting it back to a dec. number, but as an unsigned int this time. Use that number in game, it will work. This is for things like buying from NPC merchants, etc. (/apply_verb 12345 buy from merchant ; buy_from_merchant 12345678 20. I'll leave it to you to work out what I just did. Hint- hail the NPC with your log on to get his ghost ID). With unequiping, however, its just slot numbers. With equiping, its the list number, which is hard to track, as discussed. With trading and selling, you have to get the serial number, which is unavalible without violating the EULA. Same with /info commands- the number depends on your relationship to it. Spell numbers can be obtained simply by dragging the spell to your chat window like an item link, highlight the text, ctrl-X to cut, alt tab to notebook and paste, drop the trailing L (dunno what thats there for). Recipie numbers can be found in the recipe cache- they're a repeating string of 4 bytes, in reverse order, just before the recipe name- just look for a 4 byte string that repeats itself in that area, you'll see it. Convert to dec. to use in-game (again- its REVERSE byte orders- so if you see 12 34 56 78, enter 78563412 in your calculator to get the dec version). (ie /info recipe 1234567890, or /create_from_recipe 1234567890, or /info recipe_product 1234567890, or /info recipe_by_product 1234567890)...

confused? =]