View Single Post
Unread 03-06-2005, 03:39 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quib
Ok, here's the deal: I'll look over your code and give it a fair analysis, but keep in mind that the structure was decided upon during about a month of testing and brainstorming.
Ahh I see, I didn't think any think was set in stone yet.. I tried not to hack it up too bad.. Just what was absolutely needed for the minimap.. But thanks for looking

Quote:
There's already a couple things that I can comment on before even reviewing the code.

The minimap feature by default is a no. It's far above and beyond the default map window functionality. To have it as an optional mod is good though as long as it can be worked into a decent plug-in form.
I didn't mean for it to be a standard feature.. Could make a plugin that makes the buttons visible.. I tried to implement it in a way that it would work with any skin, as long as they re-skinned the two dockwindow pieces.. Also, I didn't think you were trying to keep it "simple" or mimic the default so closely..
I just can't stand that huge map window (It should be resizable and have scrollbars)

Quote:
Moving the overlay to within MapPage completely destroys the idea behind the overlays. Rather than those POIs being hidden by the fog, you can see them upon zoning in (into a new zone where none of the fog has been uncovered) because they are a layer above the fog (and unfortunately the location arrow).
Unfortunately, unless you move those icon's, I can't really see a way of making a minimap feature.. Unless you figure out how to move the map and overlay with buttons which could work.. I set it up so you grab the MapPage to move it.. If the icons are seperate they won't move with the map.. Too bad there's no OnMoved event

I'm pretty sure the location arrow part can be fixed.. As for the POI's being under the fog that's closer to the default map window functionality J/K

Is there a way to remove the fog all togethether? It would make the all the maps work the same (no fog, like all added maps?)

Quote:
The changes to mapborder, minimize button, added optional plug-ins and the darkening overlay (for people who have their brightness turned up too high perhaps?) I will go over with a fine-tooth comb (well, I will really go over it all very carefully). So I'll let ya know what's up later.

Quib
The mapborder changes were needed to make the minimap. No other reason.

I can tell you it's not my brightness.. Most people tell me my settings are too dark.. I just think the map parchment paper is blaringly bright.. The only way to darken it is to darken the whole images

The plugin system is basically the same as before except it uses 4 windows as pluging slots..

Again thanks for atleast looking at it..