View Single Post
Unread 04-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
No clue. Probably just more shaders completed in the conversion. Plus it's like fully turned on on the Test server now.

Either way, I'm happy with the change. Running character textures in maximum resolution, with 10 high res characters, and all that jazz.... it just looks really nice.

It looks less... "blurry". That was the thing I didn't like about EQ2 versus other games with "lesser graphics". Some stuff seemed blurry, but high res... The sharpness and cleanliness in shaders and textures is a win-win. So I like that it's looking better now. Hoping everyone can see improvements with the shader 3.0.
I hear ya there. Even on max textures, there's the occasional thing that looks somewhat blurry, which can really kill the look when it happens. Will be nice if most of those things were shader-based.

Of course, the change in texture res alone is kind of amazing. I think "medium" textures are kind of the minimum to where the world doesn't look like gumby, although there is still a huge improvement to high. The transition from high to highest isn't as big, although it's still noticeable.