View Single Post
Unread 09-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rassal
Your rampack is a 2gb total? huge difference in EQ2 with 2gb or ram.

If your pack is 2x 512mb for a total of 1gb... i would suggest strongly to upgrade this to a 2x 1024mb instead...

Most new games will run better under 2gb of ram... and if you upgrade your PC for a couple of years, think about Vista, that uses LOTS and LOTS of ram... the 1st slap i had about 1gb of ram was Battlefield 2... the second one was EQ2.... now i have 2gb, and won't ever have under that amount for a gaming rig... in fact... drop your processor to the 2.4g version instead of the 2.67 and the price difference should get you that 2gb of ram... you will see a better improvement from that... than from a 200mhz step on a Core2Duo... 2gb for the win!

VX922 is a really great monitor, but, based on the 1280x1024 resolution it has, it's hard to pack lots of stuff on a 1280x1024 screen... next upgrade i am gonna grab is a widescreen monitor, so i can have more than 6 hotbar at the same time with all my other mods....
I was under the impression it was 1G x2 for a total 2G, I'll have to go back and double check now you have me doubting lol. Yes 2G+ is a must I run 1G now and it isn't enough.

Hmm I'll have to use another monitor if that one is based off off 1280x1024 as I play at 1600x1200 now on mine. Guess I'll have to research them now. I just dumbly figured any new monitor would be more then happy past 1280x1024. I didn't think/want I needed a wide screen for my PC. I never watch videos on it. I've did the two monitor thing with my current 5950 but after the new was gone I all but quit using the 2nd monitor lol.