View Single Post
Unread 02-20-2006, 12:33 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Thumbs Up Solution: Feb 2006 - Larger Fonts for Large Screens!

Hey;
After reading through these in search of a solution, as I play on a 42" Flastscreen, I was likewise having problems with some text sizes, mainly the Journal / Quest windows, I found it very hard to read important details. So what I did is of course to start, Copy the 'Default' Folder in the \UI Directory, and rename it to whatever, I just named mine 'Font' (I know, very original)....

Once I renamed it, I opened that folder, and used WinXP to search JUST in that folder (so I would not catch any files from the default UI folder or anywhere else), and I did a "Search for Files Containing" the word 'Pointsize' (without quotes). This serach brough about about 5 files, I spent about 5 min, and just did a search and replace in each of those files (open with Notepad, choose Edit...Replace), and did a Replace on exactly these two:

Pointsize="15"

and

Pointsize="18"

I replaced BOTH of these, with:

Pointsize="22"

After I saved all these files and made sure EQ2 was using my new AI that I slaved over for all of 10 minutes, I loaded the game up (On Feb 19,2006!), and pretty much all the text was just enough larger that I could clearly read it on the 42" Television, with 720p resolution, from about 9 feet away.....much nicer.

I know this is a basic solution that alot of figured out on their own, just thought I'd post my own thoughts on how I took care of this for any of the 'less technical' users.......much less technical...Either way, simple enough, I belive their were 5 files I did the full search and replace all on, yes, I know, some files were likley for different languages, I figured I'd replace them all, rather than go hunting for that one value I missed when it didn't work :P

Enjoy All!

Server: Befallen
Char: Tauni