View Single Post
Unread 03-11-2005, 04:43 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Kosmo's QuickEmotes v1.0 ( 130+ Emotes!)

Kosmo's QuickEmotes v1.0 ( 130+ Emotes!)

Ready to have some fun?

I didn't get to do this the way I wanted to with the list boxes, but I might give it another shot later.
I want ahead and just used buttons. It's a pain that way and makes for alot of code, but this was well worth it. I love this thing.
My girlfriend has gone completely bonkers on it also! She things it's awesome. At least I can impress at least one person.

So here's the deal.
This is pre-release for you guys to test out.
There's not going to be alot of changes with this. The way it is, it's prety much set cosmetically. I 'might' be able to do a few things here and

there, but it's basically going to be a huge pain. Even re-sorting the macros would be too much trouble.

Ahh.. wishing for listboxes, they are so easy, but I couldn't get the OnSelectedItem string to work at all.
Perhaps someone will figure this out, or toss me a bone and I can remake this mod. It doesn't really need it though, it works great.
It's just a matter of background code.

Anway.

The Mod activates with the 'O' key that is the default key for the Socials.

It will bring up your social window and the new Quick Emotes window.

Personally I have my Socials Windows 100% transparent at all times now, I won't ever use the thing again.

So with the Socials window transparent you will only have my new window pop up when you hit 'O'

you can make the frames and background transparent, or leave them as they are. See the pictures.

Also there are two versions on this post.

One version is the 'autohide' version.

After you click an emoate, the window will hide automatically.

The other version toggles with the 'O' key.

Not sure which people will prefer. My girlfriend likes the window to hide automatically.

I prefer to have it stay up, for doing multiple macros, or testing.

Let me know which you prefer.

Also.

Quote:
<include>eq2ui_mainhud.emotes.xml</include>
must be in your eq2ui_mainhud.xml file.

I couldn't get this window to work by putting the include statement on the socials XML which is what I would prefer.
Perhaps I'll mod this into the actual socials xml so there is only one window. But I doubt it.

Anyway. let me know what yah think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	QuickEmotesWithFrames.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	320.0 KB
ID:	1787  Click image for larger version

Name:	QuickEmotesNoFrames.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	349.6 KB
ID:	1788  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Non_AutoHide_QuickEmotesv1.0.zip (7.2 KB, 335 views)
File Type: zip AutoHide_QuickEmotesv1.0.zip (7.2 KB, 326 views)