View Single Post
Unread 03-13-2005, 05:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmos
NO you dont need to uninstall the game.
eq2.ini does need to be in
C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\eq2.ini just like that.
Try this.
it's also Case sensative.
the UI will load when you start the game, there is no need to use the /loadui command, and it will not show anything at all unless there is a skininfo file.

try the instructions that I posted.
Go ahead and name the directory 'Custom'
So you will have this.

C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\Custom
C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eq2.ini

Inside the eq2.ini it will have
cl_ui_subdir UI/
cl_ui_skinname Custom

The .XML files will be in the folder like this.
C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\Custom\*.xml

If there are images with the Mod than you will need a directory like this
C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\Custom\images\*.dds

the *.xml and *.dds will be the file names.

This is of course assuming that your EverQuest Game is installed on the C: drive.
if you hae it on another drive it needs to be on the drive the game is installed on. Not C:

the eq2.ini file points to a directory, not a specific mod.

My set-up is exactly like that, i have checked and rechecked with no joy.

Everything you have posted i have done, although everything was already done, i have redone.

The missplacement of the EQ2.ini was by following TyeJae instructions, but even then i did a duplicate where i thought the .ini would be in the main folder anyway which is where you said.

Also there is a skin xml thing so that it should auto show up.

All i can think of is my seperate customisations (purely layouts) of my 4 alts are affecting this somehow, should i delete the files such as "neriak_darkened_eq2_uisettings.ini" and my other characters profiles for UI?

TBH i have already renamed 1 "neriak_darkened_eq2_uisettings.ini(old)" to disable it, but still no joy.

I have truely on and off tried to get custom UI things working for weeks.

I know that if it works for others it is obviously something at my end, however at the same token i'm sure it is nothing i am doing wrong and that it must be some un-accounted thing i have changed in the past previously such as customising layout positions on seperate characters or something.

Anyway since all this when i use the loadui command just to see if it is recognaising the config as listed (as the xml file is there), i now have 2 default configs, when i use the loadui thing (whatever that means).

Anyway all i can think is re-install and try again as honestly everything is right, but something 3rd party (not my fault or yours) from the past must be screwing with it somehow.

I thankyou for your help and appreciatte it and i know it is annoying when peeps come back and sti lsay it dont work as it must be something they have done wrong but for the life of me i truely cannot see anything wrong.

I will let you know my progress after a fresh install, it must fix it somehow.