View Single Post
Unread 03-03-2005, 03:46 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

Point well made Quib.

Education is the key here. If you didn't get the file from map.eq2interface.com, or www.eq2interface.com that was uploaded by Taco-Man, you don't have the official release.

The key here is knowing who you are downloading from.

I write executable installers for all of my Mods (and for the Team's MAP mod too), but these are only available to my fellow guild members. My guild members know that I am the only one that can upload the installers (aka, I'm the webmaster of the site too), and that I would never put malicious code into them. I wrote the installers to help those in my guild that are less knowledgeable about computers and installing these interfaces and mods.

In the past I uploaded several Executable Installer Versions to the www.eqinterface.com site, for my EverQuest Mods (alot of exchanges via e-mail to get them approved, including providing the install script I used). I have no plans to make any of my Mods use installers that have been uploaded to eq2interface.com because of the inherent risks involved with executable programs available for download. I do upload Executable Installer Versions on my Guild Web Site as I am the only one that can change the files available there.

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.