View Single Post
Unread 04-14-2005, 08:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

If you did buy a non-english version you basically have EQ2 installed twice:
Once in the non-english version (e.g. in E:\everquest2\) and in a subdirectory (E:\Everquest2\LP_REGION_EN_US .. you can't change this) is the full english version.
Both versions are fully functional and patched separately.

The official way to Play the english version is to start the Everquest2.exe in the non-english folder (e.g. e:\Everquest2\Everquest2.exe).
This will bring up the first window (Pre patcher) where you accept the EULA.
Accepring this will launch the pre patcher of the english version in the LP_REGION_EN_US directory, you get the english EULA window and after that finally the Patcher is loaded.

So if you discover an LP_REGION_* direcory in the EQ2 basedir, you'll most likely have more than one EQ2 installation who are independant from each other.
You could place the UI files in BOTH directories (and have them patched twice) so the player can use both his native version (and native servers) AND the english version (and servers) with the map Addon.
This is what I would suggest.

So the layout is as follows:

E:\Everquest2 <- basedir ... eq2.ini for base version goes here.
E:\Everquest2\UI <- UI files for base version

E:\Everquest2\LP_REGION_EN_US <- EN_US version Base dir. eq2.ini for EN_US version goes here.
E:\Everquest2\LP_REGION_EN_US\UI <- UI files for EN_US version

E:\Everquest2\LP_REGION_xx_yy\ ... some other language version......

You can see that yourself if you select something other than english in the EULA-Window, I bet. It will warn you that It'll have to copy alot of files, after that you'll have the same setup, just not LP_REGION_EN_US but something else.

But the Everquest2.exe to start ANY of those versions is always in the base dir E:\Everquest2 in my example.

Understandable?