View Single Post
Unread 12-23-2011, 10:50 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown
Default Silver Leaf Inn - 2 level Acorn

I've been attempting to create 2 maps (upper and lower floors) for the Kelethin 2 level Acorn house - Silver Leaf Inn. I've gathered the /loc's and textures. I've even created most of the files. What I'm having trouble with is it will not show up in-game. I'm guessing it's because Paint.net will not allow me to change the format to anything. It saves the format automatically in a format I cannot see and I do not have Photoshop on my Windows 7 machine. Additionally, I've had some issues with editing the XML file with the correct zonerect, availablerect, heightmin, heightmax and a couple other values. This is much harder than the tutorial explains with Paint.net.

This has been rather frustrating but I at least got most of it done. If there is another way to do this using the Paint.net program please let me know and I'll finish it. Otherwise, I'll just submit what I have so it can be completed by someone with a better understanding of the programs involved.

I have enclosed the 2 .jpg images so the textures can be seen for what I have in mind, as well as the .dds files and /loc file. It's funny that I was able to get the texture file to show in game from an earlier attempt that didn't look so good. That version also didn't allow a person to actually move on the map. All I could do was watch the arrow that represents my character spin in the upper left corner outside the map. Was kind of funny until I got tired of trying to fix it and start all over from scratch.

I have plans to create 3 maps (the third level is accessible via 2 climbable walls) for the Residence of the Blades prestige house.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Joscelin Verreiul - Freeport Server
61st Season Mercenary/Swashbuckler
Honor Bound Guild
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	exp03_rgn_gf_ph_1room_0.jpg
Views:	998
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	7785  Click image for larger version

Name:	exp03_rgn_gf_ph_1room_1.jpg
Views:	979
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	7786  
Attached Files
File Type: dds map_exp03_rgn_gf_ph_1room_0.dds (108.3 KB, 954 views)
File Type: dds map_exp03_rgn_gf_ph_1room_1.dds (108.3 KB, 959 views)
File Type: txt exp03_rgn_gf_ph_1room_1.txt (5.6 KB, 947 views)

Last edited by Joscelin V. : 12-23-2011 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Signature not showing in post