View Single Post
Unread 05-17-2005, 11:24 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Blackburrow

Ok noob here,

I wish to make a whole slew of sound bites for various actions in the game to match the personalities of my guildies, but I have a few simple questions that need answering first:

Background -- I use a conglomeration of different UI mods, everything from parts of Fenix Arcane, EQ2Map, to Fetish&Goldi, so that could be messing me up somewhere. Currently the only “Sounds” or “Sound” folder any way affiliated with Sony are the ones in the user’s UI folders, in my case that would be “Default” and “Fenix”. As for the list of .wav files that can be modified… can’t seem to find them either.

As I read above if we want to add sounds just rename the new desired .wav file to the corresponding names from the list posted above, and place it into the newly created: Everquest II/UI/Sounds folder. After doing this for a few different .wav files I had no luck. So I tried placing them in the already created “Sounds” folder located in my custom UI folder “Fenix” as well as the “Default” UI folder also with no success. I am using sound bits from the website that Miss Aprilmaeshowers posted along with several other home made sound bits, none of which seem to be working.

ERROR, could you please briefly explain how to make or edit a .wav to the specifications you discovered? Is there a free download or will I need to purchase software? Would you happen to know if that ability comes with the SoundBlaster audigy 2 ZS by any chance?

Deathbane27, am I totally screwed up because I didn’t already have a “Sounds” folder in my “UI” folder, or must I create one and start placing the renamed .wav files into it causing the pointers to grab from there instead of wherever they grab from now?

Aprilmaeshowers, wow, that is some amazing artwork you’ve done…amazing. And here I thought I was “artsee-fartsee” with my custom made EQII button, pfft.