View Single Post
Unread 02-18-2010, 06:55 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

I discovered this problem for the first time today and devised a trick to fix it in my own raid window.

Essentially the problem is that they changed something in the script interpreter/compiler which no longer allows an XML element Name to equal "Name". I would guess the problem is when you reference "Basic.Name.LocalText", you're not referencing the Attribute LocalText of the Element Name of the Element Basic... you're trying to reference the Attribute LocalText of the Attribute Name of the Element Basic. There's no such thing as an Attribute of an Attribute in XML, so the reference fails and is interpreted as a literal string.

Since you can no longer reference this Element from the outside, the data must be placed outside. In my case, I added an OnTextChanged event handler to the Name element and populated an Attribute in Basic called NameText. Then all I had to do as change my references from "Basic.Name.LocalText" to "Basic.NameText".

Last edited by EQAditu : 02-18-2010 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Added some color and formatting because the content is confusing