View Single Post
Unread 02-25-2007, 05:54 PM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
Thor's "useful" advice:

1.) Treat those who are attempting to help you with respect no matter how frustrated you are.

Sorry but im terribly frustrated by this its got me worked up. I apologise to gm9.

2.) Your issue; although specific with the "Maintained Window", you haven't narrowed the issue down. I would recommend you pick one maintained window and start troubleshooting from there. (Having lots of options is great but when there is an issue with them it's best to focus on one at a time...) Those attempting to assit you are left wondering where to begin.

Im sticking with the default one at the moment im not bothering with the other custom maintained windows at the mo until i have fixed it with this.

3.) Steps to take to help others help you:
3a.) Pick one maintained window that you like and stick with it. (I've attached a version for you to try to this post)

The default one

3b.) Delete your "character's window placements file"
3c.) Log in game and ensure you can see the maintained window. (Don't move it yet)
While in game also ensure that "allow windows off screen" is disabled via ALT-O>User Interface>Game Windows.
3d.) Log out "camp to desktop" then log back in and see if the maintained window is still viewable.
3e.) Hopefully it is still viewable... Now's the time to try moving it... Move it then log out "camp to desktop". Then log back in and check on the maintained window.
3f.) Post your findings here in detail and also attach the maintained window you chose to use and your character's window placements file.

Ill do this tomorrow as im really tired and want to go to bed.

4.) We'll see what we can figure our from there.

Ok thanks

Remember: if it gets to frustrating for you, just use the default interface for the time being. (Just remeber that you should delete your character's window placements file if you decide to do so.) You can always just move it to a backup folder for later...

Hope that helps