View Single Post
Unread 01-15-2009, 05:28 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Aye, i think that is what really made alot of ui's stand out in those games. Added tons of functionality (sp) to it. But I understand not every game can do that. DAoC had many great mods that were able to cater to both parties. Just took a little time and energy.

If I read write, you (modders) want to do a rekin/ui mod of the default ui that is more user friendly but also be something an advance user would want to use. Going to use profit ui because I think it gives the best example of what I am saying. Adding a auto updater and letting you choose different varients (sp?) Many post back where talking about removing click to cure and other features like that. YOu can do that with the main ui, but for people that want that feature, then can click on the varient and installs that window with the feature.

Advance windows would be zip files with the xml/images and when you choose the window or mod (whichever you like to call it) it automatically installs. Believe profitui AU does this and works great. AU caters to the new players and existing players. Giving you the "basic" ui + different "windows" to the players that would like it. Which is your target goal. Making the Ui cleaner, more functional to both type of players. I agree the default UI needs some uplifting.