Thread: AoD updates...
View Single Post
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:23 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I am disappointed but not very surprised that the UI maintainers did not get invitations. There is a small 'friends and family' pool that gets in on the first day of any beta. It is not easy group to get into, and members are selected largely by a history of a massive and sustained presence on Test server, generation of significant content in a major fan site, or anything else on that scale. Everyone else is supposedly chosen at random from the pool of applicants.

For the record, I am not in the 'friends and family' group although my work this round *might* get me there. We'll see. In the meantime, I am exercising such influence as I do have to get the maintainers of major UI packages some assurance that they will get into future betas, even if not on the first round. The argument is simple: these people provide SOE with value-added content that SOE doesn't have to pay for, so they should be in the betas. I certainly heard from enough people who wanted to know if Profit was being tested.

But AoD launches in a week, so I am winding down my work in this beta. Looks like our real opportunity to update Profit for AoD will happen next Tuesday.

-= Therendil =-