View Single Post
Unread 11-11-2007, 01:25 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislau View Post
so..

after the new "eq2ui_custom.xml" system on the line. will it be difficult for people disabling a custom windows? Will it means if I want disabling a custom UI window then I have to doctoring the "EQ2UI_custom.xml"?

coz in current system, if I want to disable a window, I just need switch into the custom UI folder and delete that file, then default ui one will automaticallly comes out.
As I understand it, mainhud.xml and custom.xml are exclusive-or: mainhud lists all the files SOE includes and no mod-custom ones, custom lists all the files modders have added and no SOE-default ones. If you're modding a window that has a default, you'd make no entry in custom.xml at all and mainhud.xml would read your modded version (and if you removed the modded file from the custom UI directory, mainhud.xml would go back to reading the default version). If you've got a window that was added by a mod (like the POIFinder window) that'd be listed in custom.xml, you'd need to edit custom.xml to remove the include for it and delete the window's .xml file from the custom UI directory (and since it's not part of SOE's default UI there'd be no default version of it).