View Single Post
Unread 11-09-2009, 12:27 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
Something else I wanted to let you guys know. I'm finishing up the conversion of our INI files into XML format. It wont be done for 51 but hopefully will go out with 52. This new format will be much easier to view and tweak. It'll be more friendly for us as developers as well. This change will also pave the way for me to provide you guys with a method to save and load values from UI windows so your custom mods can save data between sessions. As long as your saved values don't conflict with values we expect to find, you should be able to save whatever you want in a player's UI settings file.

It'll probably work something like this; any custom values you write to the main page will be serialized into the INI file and read back in when the UI is loaded. Unless of course you guys have some better ideas, I'm all ears. We could require that you create a data object with a specific name like "CustomData" and all values in that object would be written to the INI file. This might be a cleaner implementation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
So the XML stuff went live. Is custom variable saving in place yet? I'd REALLY like to see this go live. For windows that have toggle'able settings in-game, this will be a godsend. I'd like to be able to configure settings in-game, rather than include "setting" files.
I'm really hoping for some updates on something like this soon. I kinda feel like true UI customization ideas are getting no where