View Single Post
Unread 05-15-2010, 09:09 AM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore
Default EQ Journal, an external EQ2 Interface

I hope the name grabbed your attention, so I'll be quick about explaining a new idea I've come up with and already put into practice.

I've begun development of a new EQ2 Interface which is designed to overlay on top of EQ2's screen in windowed mode. True, it's not a true interface but what it lacks in being directly integrated with EQ2, it makes up for function.

The overlay will be designed to support tracking of quests, collections, named killed, achievements, and much more. In the future it will also allow users to share their information and progress with guild members, so for example, if you found a shiny you don't need, you could do a search and find a guildee who does need it and mail it to them. Compare stats and other neat features will also be included.

You can find more details regarding this program at http://www.chaoscraft.net/eqj/

There are already several testers and development of the project is underway. Feedback and advice is always appreciated and if you wish to join the bug team just ask!

Thanks to everyone who has already helped me with this project - I'm not sure if this belongs here which was why I threw it in this forum. However, if EQ2Interface approves of the design as being an "external" overlay interface, then perhaps it can be added onto exsiting interfaces. (UI Mode is still under production but it should be released soon for testing).

Thanks again for your time and good hunting!