Thread: GU43 UI Changes
View Single Post
Unread 03-06-2008, 08:18 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

I just checked in a fix so that all quest items get promoted to the group loot method and will not be sent via round-robin. This will affect any item that gives a quest or updates a quest.

As far as the NBG debate goes... the intent of the feature was not to police the looting system. It was done to make grouping easier. Most groups go like this.

Chest drops.
Ooh, that sword is pretty nice, does anyone need it?
2 people say nope.
wait a few secs.
1 person says "dec"
wait a few secs
1 person says "checking"
the lotto timer expires
someone clicks it again
someone says "so FFA?"
2 people say "sure"
still no answer from 1 or 2 people, so you aren't sure what to click.
at this point you either hit lotto and hope no one needed it, or you decline, and lose the FFA opportunity because you were being nice.

All of this took about 1 minute to resolve and happens on almost every chest.

Under the new system here's how it works:

item drops
everyone clicks need or greed based on whether they need it or not, no discusson
Timer ends or lotto runs after everyone submits

Done in 15-30 seconds, no discussion. The group has already moved on to the next mob.

This is what NBG was intended to do, not keep unscrupulous players from taking look from people.

You can easily see if a person clicks need or greed in the chat window. This accountability is enough to keep most people in line.

What I'd like to see is this discussion go on hold until people actually report problems with people taking their loot. Right now its all speculative argument which we could debate until the cows come home.

It was the same way with appearance slots everyone screamed that the sky was falling because tanks were going to be running around in robes. This feature has been out for quite awhile now, and I rarely see this happen and I never hear anyone complain about it.

So lets see what happens.