Thread: GU43 UI Changes
View Single Post
Unread 03-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone
Default Request for NBG loot window changes

Sorry guys but I gotta call you out on the whole NBG / loot window changes.

You guys generally do great work but this just needs some serious change... in my opinion its actually made it more possible for someone to take loot they don't "Need" by simply hitting that button when everyone is properly hitting "Greed" -- at least before on a "FFA" call everyone would still roll.

Proposed changes that would make the NBG system really shine in my eyes:

First -- when using round-robin, coin that is split amongst the group is counting as a persons turn, which is completely unacceptable.

Second -- There absolutely needs to be an option to allow "No-Trades" to default to NBG and override any round-robbin settings.

Third -- The "Need" option should only be usable when the person can physically use the item. In other words, "Need" should only be clickable if:
a) It's a piece of armor their class can use (don't need to check level, just class)
b) It's a spell/ability they can physically scribe (this can extend to recipe books as well as adept 1s and masters)
c) It is a quest update for a quest that they currently have
d) It is a quest starter for a quest they do NOT have (but if it is not repeatable, then they cannot "Need" it if they have it completed. If its repeatable they can "Need" it again if they've finished it then)
e) It is an item that, for whatever reason (epic update, whatever) is visible to them but not to others.
In all other circumstances (ie trash loot like guild status items and such) "Need" would be grayed out and you would only be able to "Greed" on it.

Fourth -- Opening a corpse with leader-only loot that contains an item a member of the group needs SHOULD ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH NOT vanish the corpse. Instead the leader should see the item but only have options to assign it to the person that can "see" and use the item. This is an issue with warden mythical epic updates for one thing, and possibly others.