Thread: EQ2Map Ideas...
View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2005, 01:15 PM
A Grove Wisp
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lavastorm

One last idea...

For us POI noobs, to make a button that updates a .txt file or something for the Target and Location. Beside it would be an optional short description box to label the POI (specially if there is nothing to target). Then use the Updater to extract the info and UL it the POI server or website.

Example: I see a Named mob rarely seen call Opalla a 42^^ in Blackburrow (really did happen last night). I check EQ2map and find no POI for him. I then target him, get as close as possible with aggroing him, then open EQ2map and type in the description box 42^^ (that is if the button doesn't do it already) and click the add POI button. The info is stored in a file that can be uploaded for review. Next time I run the updater, it looks for the POI file and UL's the data for review.

Example2: I see a rune stone in TS near the giants that gives a quest. I then stand on the rock. Open up EQ2map and fill in the description "Quest: The Glyph's Message = Slay 25 Firerock Goliaths" and hit the add POI button. Again, next time I run the updater, the POI's are UL'ed.

Tell me whacha think,
Trip

Last edited by NobodySpecial : 03-15-2005 at 01:48 PM.