View Single Post
Unread 08-28-2019, 05:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
First let's establish a common reference for what is meant by lag. I am also seeing an issue, which can be reliably demonstrated as follows: Target your character, get into first-person view, and look down at the target ring. Using DarqUI, every one to two seconds the target ring will hiccup. Using the default UI the target ring spins smoothly. In broader gameplay, this translates into the same hiccup, or jitter, every one to two seconds regardless of what you are doing and it is indeed frustrating. You can also see the issue by running in a straight line, or spinning your character around continuously in a circle.

Surprisingly, the hiccup went away when I deleted the Maintained Spell Monitor (eq2ui_mainhud_betamark.xml). You can do this manually, or right-click/delete the file from the list after checking for updates with the utility. None of the default UI files were changed with the recent game update, so it's possible that there was an internal change in the way dynamic data elements are processed which of course I have no control over. Would you mind trying this fix and reporting back with your results?

Aside from offloading customized windows (hopefully just the one file mentioned above), there is not much help I can offer without clarity from the developers about game changes that affect the UI. I am quite certain the current developer team has zero interest in communicating with me, or probably anybody else, about the matter.

Bah!!! Thanks for the testing and information. Ironically, the one part that is most vital to me IS the maintained spell window. The other bits are super nice and I'd hate to lose them, but i can't imagine keeping track of death saves, defensive and generally all the bits I use to keep myself and my group alive without the maintained spell window...