View Single Post
Unread 04-27-2005, 02:10 PM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Market Preset Searches

I wanted to put up a working model for feedback and suggestions. I'll work on some additional documentation to make it easier for the general populace to modify the presets.

This mod adds a small button labeled "show" on the broker search window (eq2ui_inventory_market.xml) and a new window with several search preset buttons. Press the button and a new window pops up with 12 preset buttons. Each button can be independently configured by modifying the corresponding preset#.xml file. Press the button and the search parameters get prefilled and the search is run. I have some sample searches set up.

I included a text file with a basic outline of how to modify the preset files and the appropriate values.

When testing, please pay special attention to changes in the window frame and title settings. I think it was just a fluke but somehow I got some value into my server_character_eq2_uisettings.xml. Once I had that issue every time I used the preset I got a message "Usage /tellchannel <chanelname> <<message>" and the SelectedItemIndex part of the macro would not work. If anyone can reproduce this, I'd love to know. I think it may have just been a fluke for me as I was making other window position type changes at the time I was testing this. Once I deleted the server_character_eq2_uisettings.xml file, everything worked fine.

Credits: I started with the old style Mookish Broker window from Deathbane. I didn't like the new graphics and layout, so I just modified the old one to add tier and my little show button. I borrowed heavily from code examples in Kosmos's Performance Panel and Quib's store window. Thanks to Kosmos and dc_roenfanz for helpin me figure out the include syntax.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	marketsearchpreset.JPG
Views:	1250
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	2510  
Attached Files
File Type: zip MarketSearchPreset.zip (9.8 KB, 952 views)