Unread 12-24-2005, 10:15 AM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Server: Permafrost
Default Requests - sounds doable!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faedia
Just have a couple requests if they are possible:

1) Any way to make a button so that I can open and close all boxes and bags with one click? This allows me to turn off the Frames and Titles and creates a bit more space when having them all open at the same time.

2)Can the hotbars be tweeked to allow them to have a black bacground, rather than be clear all the time?

3)Any way that the Inventory screen can be tweeked to include the stats such as the Inventrory screen created by Dragowulf?

4)Add the names and timer of spells to the Maintained spells window.

Other than that this thing is so dam cool and user friendly, that I keep looking for the button that puts my toon on Auto pilot and he plays himself while I sleep lol.
Those certainly sound like realistic requests - One additional nice thing about the UI (and a reason for it's delayed release), is that you can grab any "standard" mod that doesn't have a custom skin, and plug it in, and the UI will skin it. That's all that was done with the xSilverfox journal, actually - no re-skinning was necessary. So, you could grab the Geniva or Profit maintained spells window, and just drop it into the Undead-Gothic folder, and it should work just fine!

The inventory screen mod sounds intriguing, and I don't think the hotbar background will be hard to tweak. I think the trickiest sounding thing is the button to open / close all bags & boxes... but it's a great idea (both my mystic and 2-box wizard alt are tradeskillers, so this would be very handy) that I'll look at, after I enjoy a bit of holiday cheer.

Thanks to Tom for his incredible art - without that, none of this would be possible, since I am distinctly lacking in the artistic department. And a big thank you to the eq2interface community - please, keep the comments coming, so we can continue to improve this UI, and make future UI themes even better!!

Of course, if you use and like the UI, please rate it - this aids not only the UI designers, but the community as a whole!

PS - Great screen shot, thanks!!

Last edited by Wulfgyr : 12-24-2005 at 10:16 AM. Reason: added PS