View Single Post
Unread 06-27-2012, 01:54 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

I used hotkey files via /loadhotkeys to display the icons on 10 hotbars.

I've just uploaded all of the icons to the utility section. I've added the hotkey files and python script I used to generate the files.

The macro name contains the offset # for each icon. Clicking any icon will send the offset # to your chat input (via /beginchatinput).

The item icons in game usually use offset -1 as their background. They are tinted programmatically by the game. We can't, as I said above, mix item icons with spell icons, and the item icons don't contain any sort of plain background besides the cloudy white. However, it seems the devs made it easy on us to add those.

Right now, the item icons are stored in %eq2dir%/UI/Default/Images/Icons/ as a series of dds files like icon_is1.dds. There are 113 of these files at the moment. The game seems to load them in order, but it doesn't stop when it gets to the end of the list.

copy icon_ss9.dds to icon_is200.dds

Move icon_is200.dds to your %eq2dir%/UI/%moddir%/Images/Icons/ directory.

icon_ss9.dds contains the colored backgrounds for spells. You can now use them for items. If you use 200 as above, the offsets are 7188 through 7193 (green, blue, purple, red, orange, yellow). It is possible, though unlikely, that the devs will get to 200.

To differentiate between item icons and spell icons is a simple flag in the macro string. The number after the id# is 0 for items and 1 for spells. Notice the two lines below are using the same id#.

4 3 macro 20513111 1 1 Crescent Strike
blah
4 4 macro 20513111 0 1 Glass of Loam
blah

Loading them however, you end up with:
Attached Images

Last edited by pooka : 06-27-2012 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Added links