View Single Post
Unread 12-08-2018, 04:54 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Crushbone
Default Missing PoP Zones

Changed the big thread back into white as a historical post and moved the last few missing ones in here:

Testing feedback:

Molten Throne needs more testing before it can be added!

--------------------------------------------------

The Molten Throne

<ImageStyle displayname="The Molten Throne" Name="exp14_dun_molten_throne" />
- Uses a very similar map to The Molten Throne: Hate's Essences [Tradeskill] (Post #6 Picture #2 in this forum) at the beginning, but transforms during the quest to this map. Can we just reuse it? At least til somone can make a better one which is unlikely as it is a one off zone for the signature questline.
- Zone rect returned (world) nonsense again so don't have a rect for you.
- Its a subzone of Coliseum of Valor, which in itself is a subzone of Plane of Magic.
These 2 maps [Editor's Note: Soulbound Chamber and The Molten Throne] don't exist as HC maps, not much i can do for now.
While I don't know what HC stands for, would it help if I made screenshots of the ones I mean? Do they have to have a specific format (size/filetype)?
HC stand for HardCoded , the map is coded into the game and nothing you can access as a file.
All maps we have added (except one) are HC maps. The picture is only used for the web site to show a picture.
We can still add a map if we have a Name and a zonerect, but we need to supply our own picture in dds format.
Not sure its worth the download file size for a one time access map.

Understandable viewpoint, but I think with todays filesizes a small price to pay, but no urgency. Main problem will be to get a zone rect, proberbly have to calculate it if possible.
Also just found out, that its not a one off zone, you can get a daily mission for that zone to "relive" the events.

- Added *.dds and *.jpg for this zone, you need to however find the zonerect info in the DB (try The Molten Throne: Hate's Essences [Tradeskill])

Code:
<ImageStyle Name="exp14_dun_molten_throne" displayname="The Molten Throne" zonerect="-762, -529, 766, 614">
<ImageFrame Source="images/maps/map_exp14_dun_molten_throne.dds" SourceRect="0,0,800,600" />
</ImageStyle>
- Checked the zonerect and its not right, the map appears fien, but my character doesn't show up! From my experience making maps now the coordinates don't make much sense. I usually get results like these if I use a "." or "," by the numpad on my german keyboard for seperating decimals of the zonerect in the svg. Only the "," (next to my "m" key) gives good results. Do you have another way getting a good zonerect or do I have to get some coordinates and add them to the map to calculate one?
Think if you get a few loc points to mapper live you might be able to do a calculation.
Calculated a new zonerect (see below), but want to test if it changes after the explosion, before we add it.

The Molten Throne: Hate's Essences [Tradeskill]
(exp14_dun_molten_throne_tradeskill) -2558.00, 354.00, -1053.00, 1530.00

The Molten Throne: Portals to Nowhere [Tradeskill]
(exp14_dun_molten_throne_tradeskill_02) -2558.00, 354.00, -1053.00, 1530.00

The Molten Throne (Before Explosion)
(exp14_dun_molten_throne) -762, -529, 766, 614

The following need some work still:

Torden, Bastion of Thunder: Winds of Change [Solo]:

<ImageStyle displayname="Torden, Bastion of Thunder: Winds of Change (Tower of the Rainkeeper) [Solo]" menugroup="TEST" Name="see below" />
- Torden, Bastion of Thunder: Winds of Change [Solo] has a second level (for the signature questline), but that seems to have no seperate displayname.
- /map2_show_zone_rect still shows the Tower to be exp14_dun_bastion_of_thunder_02_solo just like the Atrium, however we have a map for the upper level too (Its the same one as Torden, BoT: Lightning Strikes (Tower of the Rainkeeper)[Tradeskills] = Zone rect: -363.00, -291.00, 417.00, 294.00 (exp14_dun_bastion_of_thunder_ts_1) ).
- Also nothing in the atrium map is higher than 500 and nothing in the Tower map is lower than 900, so could the zone be devided into 2 maps like we do for Solusek's Eye (Original content when eq2 came out) and the second map be added to the upper floor?
- Names should be "Torden, Bastion of Thunder: Winds of Change (Atrium) [Solo]" = lower part of the map = current map (TS_0) and "Torden, Bastion of Thunder: Winds of Change (Tower of the Rainkeeper) [Solo]" = upper part of the map = with the new map (TS_1).
- Will test your suggested settings (still haven't done so yet):
<ImageStyle Name="exp14_dun_bastion_of_thunder_02_solo_1" displayname="Torden, Bastion of Thunder: Winds of Change (Tower of the Rainkeeper) [Solo]" zonerect="-363.00, -291.00, 417.00, 294.00" heightmin="700">
<ImageFrame Source="images/maps/map_exp14_dun_nektulos_tradeskill.dds" SourceRect="0,0,800,600" />
</ImageStyle>

Plane of Disease:

<ImageStyle displayname="Plane of Disease" Name="exp14_dun_plane_of_disease_03_solo" />
- This zone does proberbly not exist, might have been replaced with the duo version.

Solusek Ro's Tower: Citadel of the Sun [Raid]:

<ImageStyle displayname="Solusek Ro's Tower: Citadel of the Sun [Raid]0" Name="exp14_dun_solusek_tower_raid_0" />
<ImageStyle displayname="Solusek Ro's Tower: Citadel of the Sun [Raid]1" Name="exp14_dun_solusek_tower_raid_1" />
<ImageStyle displayname="Solusek Ro's Tower: Citadel of the Sun [Raid]2" Name="exp14_dun_solusek_tower_raid_2" />
<ImageStyle displayname="Solusek Ro's Tower: Citadel of the Sun [Raid]3" Name="exp14_dun_solusek_tower_raid_3" />
<ImageStyle displayname="Solusek Ro's Tower: Citadel of the Sun [Raid]4" Name="exp14_dun_solusek_tower_raid_4" />
<ImageStyle displayname="Solusek Ro's Tower: Citadel of the Sun [Raid]5" Name="exp14_dun_solusek_tower_raid_5" />
<ImageStyle displayname="Solusek Ro's Tower: Citadel of the Sun [Raid]6" Name="exp14_dun_solusek_tower_raid_6" />
<ImageStyle displayname="Solusek Ro's Tower: Citadel of the Sun [Raid]7" Name="exp14_dun_solusek_tower_raid_7" />
<ImageStyle displayname="Solusek Ro's Tower: Citadel of the Sun [Raid]8" Name="exp14_dun_solusek_tower_raid_8" />
- While the displayname for the raid is correct I can't be sure of the different Floor names, as I don't have access yet and its doubtful I'll ever have access :-(
- All Solusek Ro's Tower zones are subzones of Coliseum of Valor, which in itself is a subzone of Plane of Magic.
Will add them as soon i get the real names.
To much work to change the names later, need to edit 3 diffrent DataBase Tables to change names.
Still miss a good tool to do that fast from one place. (I need to program it first, to lazy).
But if its rely urgent i can do it.

Naah, no urgency, I‘ll see if I can ask some raiding friends about the zone.

Artisan Mesa & Artisan Terrace:

<ImageStyle displayname="Artisan Mesa" Name="???" />
<ImageStyle displayname="Artisan Terrace" Name="???" />
- These are 2 more instances like the Artisan's Prism, but I need to grind faction to get their name and layout.

The Starfire Realm:

<ImageStyle displayname="The Starfire Realm" Name="???" />
- A faction quest instance I have already done on my main, so need to wait for the next one to grind the faction, all of which will take a while.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	map_exp14_dun_molten_throne.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	8902  
Attached Files
File Type: dds map_exp14_dun_molten_throne.dds (234.5 KB, 157 views)

Last edited by Pijotre : 01-15-2019 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Tested Molten Throne and added new map!