View Single Post
Unread 04-07-2012, 02:49 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCC View Post
This PC recently was installed with EQ2 fresh (newer PC) and I'm running these tests while I'm having problems directly in explorer from EQ2.exe and Everquest2.exe. The icons also point to the same location.
There's something odd there, because the current game doesn't start from EQ2.exe, it starts from LaunchPad.exe. I don't think that's the cause, but it's an anomaly. The other thing is to make sure UI\ProfitUI is OK. Try opening UI\ProfitUI\_ProfitUI_Settings_GroupWindow.txt in Notepad, add a space and then backspace to remove it and save the file, and see if there's any problems saving it.

If that doesn't work, try deleting everything in UI/ProfitUI and then running the ProfitUI updater (and the EQ2Map updater if you use it) to force a reload of everything. You won't lose your window positions or anything, but you'll get a clean copy of Profit and EQ2Map. If there's any kind of file corruption causing a problem, that should clear it up.

If that fails, look in your game installation folder for a file called ui.log and post it. That might have some error messages in it.