View Single Post
Unread 09-28-2014, 12:00 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfus View Post
I tried to download the Updater from the updater page here on eq2interface, but after the download Norton deleted it claiming it was infected with "WS.Reputation.1".

Can you check this? I've been updating manually and since I don't use all the pieces it can be real hit and miss getting all the dependancies right.
You can just always grab everything from the /DrumsUI_Custom/ folder every time. The easiest way to pick what is actually loaded or not, would be via the DrumsUI_custom_includes.xml file. Otherwise, those files never get loaded

From the web:
Quote:
WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories
I don't personally use Norton (and never will) so I can't say why it's flagging anything, or what file (maybe just because it's Java). It's known as what's called a "false positive". Zero of the files related to the Updater/Java have been altered in months. Only the UI files uploaded change, and they are all plain text files.

I'd "Allow" or white flag the Updater if possible.