View Single Post
Unread 09-02-2010, 05:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darke View Post
Hi
A brief presentation :P

I have been playing EQ2 since the release, and over the years iv been playing as dps,healer,tank.

When Warhammer Online came out, i rolled a healer class due to the fact that it was the only classtype that really wasnt just plain easy. I soon began to use a UI mod called "squared" here is a screenshot of squared:

After playing Warhammer for about 9 months i decided to come back to EQ2, and after getting my old toon up-to-date, i decided i wanted to go back to healing.

Iv been playing around alot with my UI now, trying all sorts of UI's in order to get it the way i want it. But i just can't get it right - and one thing i really miss in EQ2 is squared.. I must say, even with ProfitUI or any other UI the raid window/group window in EQ2 is nowhere close to "Squared" i can't really put my finger on it, but i feel crippled trying to do what i need to do. In warhammer healing almost became a perfection, and if the target died - it was simply due to the fact that dps scaled way higher at rank40 (max lvl) then the heals - atleast back then.

As it is now, im some times not even sure i got the target i want, selected, by just looking at the raid window - i need to select my target then check my selected target window - since looking at your targets health thrue the raidwindow is just a pain. With squared you had one UI element that u needed to keep your eyes on, thats it. And there was also a good indication on what person you had targeted as that persons "square" with get a border around it - or lighten up.

To sum things up: eq2 is just a pain compared to warhammer for keeping track of things :P - not saying its impossible, its just not as good.

Is it possible to make something even close to "squared" for eq2, to replace the raid window/group window we got today.

If not, does anyone have any recomendations?

Thanks.
Count me in this category too, I used squared on warhammer, which as I understand it has a counterpart in WoW too, but I would love to adopt it here, the interface is absolutely perfect for healing.

I don't mind and actually prefer to cure manually but this type of display is excellent for getting an overview of your companions without having to reach for keys or very far with the mouse for targeting.