View Single Post
Unread 09-20-2012, 02:13 AM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardot Kynes View Post
Greetings folks.

Lots of people are having problems with Java programs lately. Don't use the old Java because of viruses and security threats!

I can guarantee that both the Drums UI Updater and the Profit UI Updater work just fine with the newest Java. I use them with no issues. The issue most Java users are running into lately is that they don't understand that even if they have 64-bit machines that their Java programs (well 99% of them) only use 32-bit Java. What does this mean? It means that every time you update Java you must install Java twice. Yes, this is stupid but blame Oracle for not being more clear. As of today (Sept 2nd, 2012) the correct version of Java is Version 7 Update 7.

To fix your issues make sure you:
1. Uninstall all versions of Java from your Programs section of your Control Panel. It may be listed up to 3 or 4 times. Remove them all.
2. Go to the Java download page here: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
3. Download both the Windows Offline (32-bit) installer and the Windows Offline (64-bit) installer.
4. Run both installer programs as an administrator one at a time. I usually install 32-bit first myself but I don't think the order matters.
5. Problem solved.
I did the above and it still can't launch the application. Didn't work for me. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions!

Here is my error:

CouldNotLoadArgumentException[ Could not load file/URL specified: C:\Users\Derek\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\30\3c7a95e-2ade277a]
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Derek\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\30\3c7a95e-2ade277a (The system cannot find the file specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Actually my error looks different than the OPer's but just the same, if you think you can help, please do

Last edited by speedycerv : 09-20-2012 at 02:20 AM.