Thread: ProfitUI 1.8
View Single Post
Unread 03-30-2006, 03:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

First, let me say this is an amazing UI. I'm new to the ui front, and have been spending the last day or so tinkering with a few of them. Thus far, this is my favorite.

That being said, I do have one question. Is it possible to pick and choose certain features in conjunction with the default ui settings? Do you mind if your users pick and choose certain elements, and in doing so, do you forsee any problems? I ask because, having played with the original settings, I've become comfortable with them (even though they are not as advanced as your UI) I do really like how you've set up your XP bar though. I started tinkering with some of the files in the main profit18 directory and removed everthing accept the files "_ProfitStyles eq2ui eq2ui_mainhud_experience eq2ui_mainhud_map FontArial14T and the eq2map directory and images directory.

I loaded up EQ2 and everything works fine. I have all my old default settings for chat/inventory/character etc with the addition of your much improved xp bar. So far every thing is working fine and I've noticed nothing out of the ordinary. From your own first hand experience though, are there any files I should restore or more I should delete which are not necessary for the use of the xp bar alone. Is it recommended to do so, or is it an essential part of the whole UI? Also, do you plan to release the xp bar as a seperate download in the future?

I look forward to test driving so more of the features of this UI. Again, great work, and I look forward to seeing more from your team.

Gorgamorph/ Naj lvl 57 Defiler/Armorer