View Single Post
Unread 07-28-2010, 09:55 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
I code enough to know what a mess eq2 has to be at this point between addons and staff changes. I would really like the snap-to functionality but from your response it sounds like it might be a major chore.

As for other things, why not use existing code from eq2interface for autoattack bar and have it off by default to reduce newbie clutter.

Click to cure is another feature that should be added to default why does there seem to be a lot of resistance to adding it to the ui? It would not add clutter or complications and there again you could lift the code wholesale from eq2interface.

Another feature I like is the reuse timer showing over the hotbar icons and I think that would be another newbie friendly thing to add to the default.

If you added those things to default then it would be used way more at least until you implemented LUA.

Thank you for adding the clock back I would have missed it .

Silat
We don't have any resistance to adding those things to the UI. Man, I think I've said that 8 times today on the official forums! I'm not quite sure how I can make it more apparent that we have no issues adding them. Its just a matter of time!

The AA bar would be pretty easy to add, but the click-to-cure I'd prefer to create an in-game command to do some of the work that the UI script is currently having to do.

The countdown timers over the hotbars is something I PLANNED on adding for GU57, I just haven't had time to get to it either.

Are we seeing a pattern here? Not enough time! I and many others on my team have been working 12+ hour days for the past few weeks to try to get everything in and its still not enough time to do all the things we want.