View Single Post
Unread 07-28-2010, 06:36 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
I saw someone mentioned something about the new grab handle in the hotbars. Is this element required to exist in the hotbar xml?

I believe I read you're putting the clock back in (many have been asking about it)?

And if anyone can answer this one, what exactly is the Subtitle dynamicdata that went in? What's the difference from just the Name?

Thanks Rothgar.
The grab handle shouldn't be required. The code should check for it and take it into consideration if its there. But if you leave it out everything should work. If you find this to not be the case, please let me know directly.

Yep, the clock is going back in.

By subtitle, I think you're talking about under the Maintained window, right? We currently had a value for amount remaining and time remaining. However, I didn't want a dedicated space in the UI for 3 lines of text. In most cases, a buff either has a duration or an amount remaining. In almost all cases, if something has an amount (poison, ward, etc) this value is more important than the duration. So the subtitle field shows the amount remaining if there is one, otherwise it shows the time remaining. This allowed me to condense the info down to a single text field.