View Single Post
Unread 10-13-2009, 12:45 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwieland View Post
A couple of things that may be cool
1) With the active quests enabled lets say, you can expand a quest to show detail of what would be needed or minimize the quest using + or - nodes.
2) When an active quest is completed it still shows up, but automatically minimized, and then greyed out (or not highlighted, if that makes sense).
3) Of course, you would like to be able to click on a link in the active quest window to either go to your Journal or to a browser via eq2i to see a walkthrough...

Glad you are working on this Rothgar - glad to see all the cool updates in the game and with the UI.
1) Currently the new active quest window will show the quest name and what is required for the current stage of the quest. So for quests like "Kill 10 rats (1/10)" It'll be pretty simple. But if the current stage of the quest requires that you do 10 separate things that you can do in any order, it will get quite long. I'm not sure yet if I want to display all of them and have the rest scroll down or display the first "X" steps of the stage and require you to open the journal to see the rest. As soon as I get it all working I'll take a look at it and evaluate it then. I might consider an expand/collapse option that would toggle between showing the first 3 and showing all.

2) My current plan is to automatically remove a quest from the active list when its completed. You should never be able to get a completed quest in that list. Keep in mind that completed means you just turned it in and got the reward, not that you need to go back and hail to get the reward. If you still need to go back and hail, the quest is technically not completed yet and will remain in the list.

3) Yes, clicking the the name of the quest will open the journal to that quest.