Unread 10-13-2009, 08:29 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwieland View Post
A couple of things that may be cool
1) With the active quests enabled lets say, you can expand a quest to show detail of what would be needed or minimize the quest using + or - nodes.
2) When an active quest is completed it still shows up, but automatically minimized, and then greyed out (or not highlighted, if that makes sense).
3) Of course, you would like to be able to click on a link in the active quest window to either go to your Journal or to a browser via eq2i to see a walkthrough...

Glad you are working on this Rothgar - glad to see all the cool updates in the game and with the UI.
Hmm. If you're tracking it as active, it should show up in the window with the next step(s). If you're not tracking it and don't want to see it, I don't see why it should show up there at all. However, if the list gets too long (longer than the size of the window) there should be some 'collapsing;' for example, a quest with 30 steps would take up more than the whole window, so it would go a certain length and then have a scrollbar so you can scroll that one, or some other way of dealing with really long quests.

#2 I disagree with. When it's done, I don't want it there anymore. If I want to look at it, I can always open up the quest window and look in "completed."

#3 I think is best left up to custom UIs, so it's more of an "lets have easy access to the quest name for this kind of thing" than anything else in my mind.