View Single Post
Unread 10-12-2009, 03:16 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
{Detour}
I've got a question for ya Rothgar.... Whenever someone gets invited to group (or to a lesser degree, raid) I notice a ~2-3s lag spike (could even call it a 'lockup'). My guess is this is to all the data for the new player being added. The question is: is the quest data part of what is bogging things down (since you can 'see' groupmembers current quests). The followup is, if that is a major part of that 'lag spike' could we get an option to disable that? I might look at someone else's quests once in a blue moon, so being able to only load that data when I want to instead of every time would be nice.

In general, it seems to me that more server-side options to prevent data from being sent (data we would choose not to have sent) would also be a boon for the server load, since it's sending less data.
{/Detour}
This used to be a big problem but we made some changes that eliminated a lot of data that was sent down when you join a group. I haven't seen the problem when I play since then. So I'm not sure if you're experiencing a different kind of lag or not.