Thread: Map Ideas
View Single Post
Unread 01-21-2009, 03:32 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default POI toggles

I love the new maps in EQ2; HOWEVER, the eq2 map POI's have cluttered them to a point of almost not usable in some zones. There are so many POI's, many one on top the other, that even zoomed all the way in you cant discern what is what.

The POI's really need toggles to turn them on or off so we can see only the POI types of interest at that moment. Default should be off IMO.

ROI idea sounds good. Will be interesting to see how the region would be defined for custom submission (IE - number of points needed to define the area)

Having a tie - in to the journal would be extremely useful. Of course I also think this would require an accessible database to make the connection. IE, there is a website at eq2.fluffy.dk which has a simple journal mod that is awesome for keeping track of your quest journal. It takes a considerable effort to get your data into the system and keep it up to date but the point is they capture information from the Journal and store it in a database that has the exact quest name, etc. Tying POI or ROI to the journal would require similar functionality I would think. So that if you attempted to submit a POI for NPC/Quest/Quest UPdate it would have to get associated with a quest from the journal and NOT allow the user to type the information in manually.

In addition, it would need to allow for one to many as NPC's offer multiple quests in many instances and updates of a particular mob can be required by multiple quests and on different steps, etc.